Saturday, June 23, 2012

London: Week 1

I might just come and live over here.

Don't worry, Mom and Dad, I'm just having such a blast. 

The view from Primrose Hill
Wednesday was my first real day of interning, and I really enjoyed myself! I copy edited most of the magazine. After, I went had a beer in Hoxton Square with my fellow intern. 

Yep, no open container laws in the UK. Winning.

That night was midsummer's night. Dr. David Stewart (who's a professor at WVU and a native Brit) took us for the picnic. Dr. Stewart spent the week taking us around the city. He's so learned and has some great stories. 

Especially ghost stories. 

Picnicking with Kaidy!
Anyways, Dr. Stewart took us for a picnic on Primrose Hill. It's this huge hill and has a great view of London. I had a blast drinking wine and snacking on cheese and fruit with friends while getting one of the best views of the city.

Thursday was also a good day. I mean. They're all great days. I'm in London, for goodness sake.

At work, I worked with a designer to create an ad that will be in Made In Shoreditch's premiere issue. It was so gratifying to have a tangible and professional piece of work that will be published.
The Globe


Thursday night, we went to the Globe and watched Henry V, a Shakespeare (of course). The play was better after intermission, when the action happened quickly (like most Shakespeares). Oh, and by the way, the Globe has an open ceiling.

We stood in the rain and cold for three hours watching this play. Hey, not many other people can say they've done that!

Afterwards, Dr. Stewart took us to a Greek restaurant. It was SO GOOD. There were so many courses of skewers and cheese and humus and pita and deliciousity.
The Greek food! With the
fanciest bottles of water

I was proper stuffed, as the Brits would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment