Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pre-Scotland thoughts

Hm this is a very awkwardly peaceful night. I'm currently listening to "Man on the Moon" by REM.

So, take of it what you will, but that's what kind of mood I'm in. It's a good one.

Anyways, this week is a crazy week in merry old England.

First, I'm starting at a different internship beginning tomorrow at Verge Magazine. After some thought, I decided it would it would be best to jump at the opportunity to switch to Verge during my short time here.

So, Tuesday was my last day at Made In Shoreditch. I came home and got ready to go see Sweeney Todd on the West End!


For those who don't know, it's one of my favorite musicals, with a score from  the master himself, Stephen Sondheim. It also had an all-star cast. Imelda Staunton as Mrs. Lovett (aka Professor Umbridge from the Harry Potter films!) and Michael Ball (he originated the role of Marius in Les Miserables on the West End among other great roles) as the sinister barber himself, Sweeney Todd. It was such a GREAT evening with an all-star cast.

Everything about the performance was on par: from the portrayals, to the costumes and scenery, to the haunting and beautifully melodic harmonies.

Wednesday, I had a day to myself, since my new boss, Andre, was at a photo shoot. I decided to take a run...past Abbey Road Studios! It was like the pinnacle of my lifelong journey as a Beatles fan. I snapped a few quick pics, but I'll definitely be back with friends to stop traffic and get he famous zebra crossing (crosswalk) photo.

Where greatness was made
I've already volunteered to go shoeless as Paul.

It's not even far: 0.8 miles from our flat!

Today was my first day at Verge, and it was already eventful! We scoped out a venue for an upcoming posh event, and then went back to the office. I'll be doing a lot with social media at Verge, which is right up my alley! I'll also be filming an acoustic session next week (a la MTV's Unplugged) by myself!  I'll also be editing it using FinalCut Pro. I'm getting the program for free!

That's so exciting, because FinalCut is the industry standard for film editing, and runs around $2500.

The restaurant
Tonight, it was Hillar's birthday. It's also his son Alex's (whose around my age) birthday. We went to a funky restaurant that can only be described as "if The Muppet Show had a restaurant." It was very...kitschy. The food was good though! I had spicy tomato penne pasta and (Mom and Dad will love this) tiramisu for dessert.

Tomorrow we set out for Scotland till Monday. We'll have a four-hour train ride. And it should be rainy. So, Yeah. Morgan and I will be also doing a Scotland's street style for Verge while we're there!

It's such an exciting time in my life! Not to get weird, but I'm so thankful for all of my family and friends for getting me to this point.

I also wanna thank my grandmother, Florence, for teaching me to write.



Without this vital skill, I would never be able to be a journalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment